We all create our world each day with our decisions, beliefs and emotions and whether we create our world on purpose or by default is fully up to each of us. All of the successful people and programs I have learned from teach the same basic success principles: thoughts create reality, model other successful people and have a strong personal foundation where you know, honor and love oneself.
Developing a success mindset is a critical piece of your success puzzle. I will assert that this is the central piece in which all others are formed. Learning to adapt, learn and manage our thoughts separate the doers who achieve their goals from the dreamers. I see how rapidly the world is changing and uncertainly and instability seems to be becoming an intrinsic part of our lives. This tells me that the ability to think creatively is essential to life success. The more we can deal with the challenges and changes of life and business effectively and inventively, the more happy and successful we will be.
I have a strong inner vision for why I do what I do and that helps me keep the inspiration coming, especially on the more challenging days. I use a life vision meditation where I visualize my entire life:
- Think about each dimension.
- Create a special place to focus on the kind of life you want to create. Decorate it with symbols of success that are meaningful to you.
- During your meditation, you may want to light a candle and play music softly to set themood. You may also want to combine your meditations with daily affirmations.
- Release the positive thoughts and images into the universe and let go of the outcome.
- Close your eyes, relax your body and allow your mind to wander to thoughts of the kind of life you would like to live. Imagine everything. What would your love life be like? What is your profession? How would you spend your leisure time? What type of learning activities would you be a part of?
- Record your thoughts/impressions in your journal. Capture whatever you felt or saw.
Know that holding this life vision close to your heart will help you to manifest it in reality. See it first in the mind and then you will see it in your reality. To say it differently is “begin with the end in mind.”
Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve. We really do have to imagine and see achieving a certain thing in order for it to manifest.
Carl Jung said:
Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.
Jung is saying quite a lot here. We often blame our circumstances for how our life is going rather than seeing that there is something within us that is causing them to occur. We are the CAUSE of our creations. Many of us do not know this or, even if we do, often conveniently forget when things do not go our way.
You may be protesting and thinking “why would I want to repel clients/clustimer…why would I want to make things harder than it has to be? That is just insane.” Well, of course, it is. It just happens that this is also very normal because of our subconscious programming (not FATE as Jung reminds us). You may always says that you want to be successful. Could it be that you only think that you want to be successful? I will exploring this in a future post.