A big challenge bloggers have is creating fresh content consistently.
You were probably motivated to start a blog because you wanted to write about things that interest your audience: addressing their cares, useful tips, fill information gaps or entertaining stories.
Believe it or not, there is no need to stress over creating brand new material all the time. The following technique can be used for a new topic or even on something you have already blogged about:
Mind-mapping never fails to produce new and interesting topics for a blog. To create a mind-map:
- Draw a circle in the middle of a blank sheet of paper
- In the center of the circle write either the topic of a previous post that could be expanded OR one of the categories you intend to cover in your blog.
- Set your timer for two minutes and brainstorm on ideas to expand on the topic or category. Write these ideas all over the page.
- Draw a circle around each new idea
- Draw a line connecting each idea circle to the center circle.
Let your creativity flow–do not censor your ideas. Simply list them as they come to you.
See how much you can accomplish in two minutes. If you find yourself on a roll after two minutes, keep on going. Aim for at least 20 post ideas.
Lorelle on WordPress is a great resource that shares over 400 sites to gather ideas for your blog.
Mind-mapping can be a fun and productive exercise and you should never find yourself whining that you do not know what to blog about!