I have seen this pattern over and over.
- I am doing so many other things, I can get away with not attending this event.
- I will not really get much from it. I never do.
- I cannot invest that much in myself. I might not get it back.
- It is too inconvenient to work everything out.
If you are looking for truth in what it takes to run a business, consider this:
- It is never a convenient time to work on your business. Do it anyway.
- The money that you need for your next important business investment is probably not already sitting in your sock drawer. Resolve this and make the investment anyway.
- You do not need a positive mindset 100 percent of the time. You do need to take action 100 percent of the time and maintain a positive mindset during as much of that as possible.
- It will not happen as fast as you want it to. But if you do #3, rest assured that it will happen.
- Very successful people will tell you that most success consists of merely showing up. And showing up again and again.
- Believing in yourself and taking action consistent with that belief is the best business strategy you can ever have.
The difference between you having to close down your business and you succeeding beyond your wildest dreams can be as simple as showing up. Even when it is inconvenient.