I believe it is good to stay in touch with your email subscribers on a consistent basis. We should be regularly providing valuable products and services and building relationships with our prospects until they are ready to convert to clients. This is one of the most effective strategies you can implement to grow your business.
With a planned out strategy, you can create a way to remain in front of your list all year long. Here are some ideas on how you can do that:
1. Develop several themes that resonate most with your market and will educate and inform. Think of at least three to six topics that you can speak to your market about. For example, a career coach may write about:
- How to successfully interview
- How to network
- Resume writing
2. Decide on product and service suites that you would like to offer. Consider using different mediums to deliver your products such as reports, audios, videos, teletrainings, webinars and in person trainings. Different people prefer different ways to learn, so offering various formats allows you to accommodate more learning styles.
As an example, your products may include a special report, five-part audio training course, speech, teleseminar and workshop. And you may have other products to add that you have already created.
3. Schedule the delivery of these products and services around a main event such as a speech, teleseminar, workshop, or all three. When scheduling the delivery of your products, arrange them so that the product that requires the least time investment from your prospect is delivered first. Then have your next product require a bit more time investment.
If you are a relationship coach, you may decide to offer four themes throughout the year: communication, conflict resolution, finances and romance.
- You would schedule four workshops that coincide with these themes as well as a teleseminar for each, all with the intent of eventually converting these couples to clients.
- If you are conducting a workshop as your main event, you would schedule backwards from there, offering all the other products and services and leading people to the workshop.
- Once the cycle of this theme has been completed, you will have the other themes scheduled and ready to begin. Then you announce it and roll them out.
There may be some lag time between themes and this is when you create other communications such as sending your newsletter, a survey, an article, perhaps you have a standard teleclass that you offer on a regular basis, etc.
When following this model, you are communicating with your list for the entire year by providing valuable products and services for free and low fee until they are ready to purchase. That is a smart way to grow your business.