What is Your Blog’s Purpose + Audience?
- Your personal life?
- Fitness tips?
- Health information?
- Business related tips?
- Technical tutorials?
- Small businesses?
- Animal lovers?
- Do I only want a blog?
- Do I only want a wordpress website?
- Do I want a blog and a website?
- Do I want a magazine style theme?
- Do I want a professional look?
- Do I want an amateur or more personal look?
- Can I invest in a paid theme?
- Do I prefer a free theme?
- Do I require customization?
- What colors palette do I want to use?
- Do I want two columns or three?
- Do I want a right side column?
- Do I want a left side column?
View Similar Blogs
What colors and styles are trending? Your blog should be unique but it also should be functional; therefore, so do not get carried away with your layout and confuse your site visitors. As you are scrutinizing other sites, make notes of the things you like.
Make a List of Your Needs
- Number of layout columns
- Layout flexibility from page to page
- Color scheme
- Style (trendy, minimalist, professional, nature, artistic, etc)
- Ability to showcase photos, products, videos, etc.
Begin Searching for Your Theme
It is simple to switch your themes at any time with WordPress. Feel free to test several before making a decision.