If you are a blogger, you most likely have been urged to create your core offer. Want a powerful exercise to help you get to the core of what you offer? If so, I believe that this post will get your off to a good start.
First of all, your offer is NOT coaching sessions, CDs, DVDs, workbooks, or any of the things that make up your products and services. Your core offer is the transformation that is possible when your clients engage your
Following is a simple, three-step exercise to create and get clear on your core offer:
1. Think of your greatest success story–someone who received amazing results from working with you. (If you do not yet have one, use yourself or an imaginary ideal client.
2. What were the results that they received from working with you? List the EXACT results, in detail.
- Include any transformation that happened for them over time.
- Include any transformation that unfolded for them in their entire life rather than just your area of specialty.
- Go deep with this and aim to list at least 30.
3. What would have been the cost had they NOT decided to work with you?
- It is important that you not blow this piece off. This is the true value of what you offer.
- Remember, people invest to solve challenges and avoid pain.
Your perfect niche is waiting for you at the intersection of three things:
- What you love doing
- The the exact problem your desired client need solved
- What they are willing to invest in
I suggest that you brainstorm by thinking of your best clients. What, specifically, did they pay you to do? What would they do anything for and pay anything to solve? Remember, your ideal client is you at some point before YOUR transformation. What specific challenge did you overcome that you are now helping your clients with?
I have to tell you that, like many business owners, I struggled with what to offer. And I find myself struggling right now as I am in the midst of re-creating my business…again. I am feeling like a bit of a beginner 🙂
I hope that the above tips are useful to you.
How did you create your core offer?