Savvy entrepreneurs are not really using the old school advertising and promotion methods any more. They are busy creating content that sells without being sales-y, which is known as content marketing.
Content is simply anything that you create and upload to your website. It is information that educates or enriches your target market. Your target market will come to know your style, your expertise and value through this content.
Content is your marketing workhorse, working to attract clients and educating them on the unique value you provide every minute of every day. There is no need to chase after people any more 😉
Content Marketing Ideas
- Create a video
- Create a “How To” guide
- Create a demo
- Record a podcast
- Post a webinar
- Create a checklist
- Create an online course
- Hold a contest
- Create a PDF
- Post an infographic
- Recommend a list of resources, experts to follow, local businesses
- Share a blog or news article and invite your readers to comment
- Share your tools of the trade
- Profile a new staff member
- Post a Tip of the Day
- Write a short course on your topic and send it to your subscribers by autoresponder
How are you using content marketing in your business?
In the series, 12 Days of Christmas + 12 Days of Business Tips