The majority of people are ready to throw their aims and purposes overboard, and give up at the first sign of opposition and misfortune. A few carry on DESPITE all opposition, until they attain their goal. These few are the Fords, Carnagies, Rockefellers, and Edisons.
2. Procrastination, with or without cause (usually backed up with a formidable array of alibis and excuses). Many people have “justifiable reasons” for not doing certain things (short on time, short on money, etc.). The only thing worse than an excuse is a GOOD excuse. Too many people have too many “good” excuses! A good excuse is an excuse that you actually believe. An excuse that you don’t try hard enough to overcome. It doesn't’t matter whether the excuse is big or small. Believable or unbelievable. Valid or made up. There is no such thing as a good excuse or a bad excuse. Excuses that stop you from achieving your goals are all equal.
- A definite purpose backed by a burning desire
- A definite plan EXPRESSED in continuous ACTION
- A mind closed to ALL negativity and discouragement
- A friendly alliance with one or more persons who will encourage you. (This last point is really a Mastermind Group).