Sometimes I wonder which of the many product ideas I come up with would be the best choice, generate the most interest, deliver the best value, and generate the highest sales. This wondering led me to explore the power of surveys, which are a great business growth tool.
Surveys can help you grow your buiness in the following ways:
- Learn about your tribe's habits and preferences
- Learn about tribe's demographics
- Learn about your tribe's challenges
- Learn which products or services would be of interest
- Learn how to write engaging copy, which can be the difference between copy that converts and copy that flops.
- Allow survey participants to tell you what they need from you via open-ended survey questions. Beware of asking too many open-ended questions because the input will be too confusing as people have to think too much.
- Discover what price your tribe would be willing to pay for new products or services
- Allow clients to rate you after they have used your products and services
- Request your current clients for referrals at the end of the survey
- Ask your current clients for a testimonial at the end of the survey
When someone connects with you, they are hoping that you can help them solve a problem, overcome a challenge or fulfill a need. They are willing to provide the information you will need to achieve that; therfore, many people will be
willing to take your survey.
For the best results:
- Keep the survey brief
- Reward them for their time for completing the survey
- Set a deadline
- Send several reminders if you are not receiving responses
- Report your results. People love giving their opinions and suggestions; however, they love seeing what OTHERS are saying even more.
- Strategically create your survey. You do not want to wing this.
I find that the best easiest way to execute a survey is online. To use surveys you can send a series of two or three emails to your tribe asking for their participation. You can set up a free online survey and gather up to 100 responses at Survey Monkey. You can gather more responses for a nominal fee. You will receive the most responses when the client or subscriber is right in front of you. If you have a large base of possible participants, online will be best.
Surveys are a simple but powerful way to save time when you need to conduct research. Allow your tribe to tell you what they are willing to buy and keep the referrals and testimonials rolling in.